Website design and graphic design of print material for a primary prevention programme
Planet Youth is a 5-year international evidence-based primary prevention programme, currently being piloted in counties Galway, Mayo and Roscommon by the Western Region Drug and Alcohol Task Force (WRDATF) with the support of partner agencies in the region. The model’s whole population approach offers an opportunity to improve public health outcomes in many areas. It works by directly targeting the risk factors in young people’s lives that determine their substance use behaviours and enhancing the social environment they are growing up in.
Following a tender contract, Proactive were successfully appointed to work with the WRDATF to develop a strong visual campaign to
- Present survey findings
- Launch the Planet Youth Strategy, which was officially launched in February 2020 by President Michael D. Higgins.
The project included the creation of a suite of print and online materials including:
- Responsive custom-built CMS website https://planetyouth.ie/
- Summary Report
- Findings Reports for the 3 counties involved in the pilot programme
- Powerpoint presentations
- Merchandising such as fridge magnets and stickers.
- We also worked with the group on a targeted 6-week facebook campaign to parents providing them with key survey findings and driving traffic to the new website for full information.
In June 2020, Proactive were delighted to work with Planet Youth on the development of a new website www.StepUp.ie, designed to help students and parents with the move from primary to secondary school. Written first and foremost for young people, parents are also encouraged to use the website.
Topics include skills for secondary school, top tips from older students, feelings and friendship, the challenges of COVID-19, and much more. Since going live in July, public reaction has been extremely positive to this much-needed site, with additional teacher resources currently underway.