At Proactive, PR is a team effort. Our PR campaigns range from managing very serious business communications including mergers, takeovers and crisis communications to quirky campaigns designed to get the brand name in front of as many potential consumers as possible.
Our PR Manager has built strong relationships with both regional and national media. Our creative team contribute innovative ideas for photo opportunities and launch events and our project managers ensure that everything runs smoothly, deadlines are met and budgets are adhered to. Our PR campaigns are always supported by our Digital team who work tirelessly to spread the word on-line.
Proactive has extensive experience in managing PR campaigns for events and festivals as well as our Corporate clients. National and International media coverage including prime time TV news coverage has been secured by Proactive for events including the Connemara Marathon, Galway Oyster Festival and Cork City Marathon.
The following is an example of the brief and the Proactive campaign response for Cork City Marathon:
- Plan and manage a PR campaign to raise the profile of the Cork City Marathon, Half Marathon and Relay locally, nationally and internationally.
- Plan and organise all elements of launches.
- Identify and secure an appropriate Ambassador for the event.
- In conjunction with the organizers, provide relevant copy for and distribute press releases at strategic points in the
- Liaise with media and deal with media throughout campaign.
- Compile and distribute a press-pack in the week leading up to Race Day.
- Media management (including social-media platforms) on Race Day.
- Regular media monitoring and a summary report of media coverage after the event.
- Advise on, plan and manage Cork City Marathon’s marketing strategy.
- Advise on, negotiate and book all advertising across all media types.
- Identify cost-neutral or cost-effective online links with other running events, clubs, etc.
- Work to secure Sponsors.
- Compile and design a Race Programme of circa 68 pages.