Whether it’s a commercial event, national sporting fixture or local charity function, Proactive has the knowledge and experience to deliver a first-class event. Our team has managed an impressive portfolio of events and continues to build on its reputation for efficiency, creativity and professionalism.
- Event Concept Development
- Coordination of the event preparation and delivery
- Innovative offline and online marketing and communications to raise awareness and interest in your event
- Media and PR management
- Management of the operations team and event contractors
- Development of the logistics plan, including the organisation of AV equipment, transport, catering/refreshments, medical provision, volunteers, entertainment, etc.
- Planning and delivery of safety and security requirements
- Literature/Stand design and print
- Post event review and communications
Proactive Design and Marketing along with our sister company RunIreland.com, provides a complete sports event management service, including event branding and marketing, on-line event management, developing sponsorship programs and packages as well as order handling, event operations and logistics.
Proactive and RunIreland.com (Winner of Eircom Spider Award) founder, Ray O’Connor, is a marathon running enthusiast and brings a vast amount of hands-on experience to the table. Ray has completed 136 marathons to date, including the gruelling Marathon Des Sables and the Brathay 10 Marathons in 10 Days Challenge….and he’s done it twice! In 2010 Ray founded Marathon Club Ireland which is now one of the largest running clubs in the country. He is currently the Race Director of the Run Galway Bay Festival, Race Director of the Connemara 100 mile race (which he has completed twice), Event Director for Electric Run Dublin 2014 – winner of an Event Industry Award, Event Director for Irish Cancer Society Colour Dash events in Dublin, Cork and Galway, and has recently been appointed as the Event Director for Tough Mudder Ireland – the first licenced partner Tough Mudder event in Europe. Ray is also an avid Ultra Marathoner and sits on the Ultra Running Committee of Athletics Ireland. Ray received a Galway Person of the Year Award for his services to charity and sport and continues his support of charities through his work with the Manuela Riedo Foundation of which he is a board member, Cancer Care West through Run Galway Bay and Cycle Against Suicide as a Spin-off co-ordinator.
Events that we have worked with
- Tough Mudder Ireland
- Electric Run, RDS, Dublin
- Cork City Marathon
- Irish Cancer Society Colour Dash Nationwide
- Connemara International Marathon
- Galway Bay 10K, Half and Full Marathon
- West of Ireland Marathon Series
- Connemara 100
- Portumna Marathon
- COPE Triathlon
- 25.5k Triathlon Series