LIT is an institute of higher education in Limerick and is one of 14 member institutions of the Technological Higher Education Association (THEA). The institute has campuses in Limerick city, in Thurles and Clonmel in County Tipperary, and a regional learning centre in Ennis, County Clare. LIT offers courses at Level 6 (certificate) through level 10 (PhD) while also catering for craft apprentices and adult and continuing education. The institute has twice been named as Sunday Times Institute of Technology of the Year in the Sunday Times University Guide, first in 2008 and again in 2013.
Attract students to want to study in LIT.
1. Communicate images and branding via social media channels.
2. Increase awareness of LIT.
3. Inform students that LIT is an option for CAO application.
4. Communicate why LIT is an attractive CAO choice.
1. Create awareness of LIT as a CAO option via their social media channels and video.
2. Create click-throughs to the micro-site cao.lit.ie.
3. Support print and radio activity.
4. Use the “For me, it started….” campaign to communicate the success of alumni.
Persona: Create personas for the identified target markets – 15-19 year old secondary-school students located near Limerick, Thurles and Clonmel who are looking to attend college.
Tone: Energetic and informative. Posts will remind students firstly of the CAO, and secondly that LIT is a good option to put on the CAO.
Content type: Video. Linked images are used in every post, as this drives traffic to the micro-site.
Increased awareness as shown by increased video impressions.
YouTube increased by
Facebook increased by
In the space of 2 months, page views increased by
Daily page-engaged Facebook users totalled